So while I’ve been blogging a few times a week for the past few months, it’s actually been a while since I’ve posted a wedding. That’s because we got a brief break during December and after our two January weddings are finished we’ll be shooting engagements until our busy season starts in March. Today though I want to share the beautiful and rustic Bird Island Lake Ranch wedding of A & E. I’ll only be sharing details and cutoff portraits though, because A & E are secret agents and we need to keep their identities a secret :) But seriously, you won’t even miss them because these details are so gorgeous and we have the beautiful ladies of Burkle Events to thank for that.
Being January, we’ve been reflecting on everything we did right last year and everything we need to work on. It’s always a fun month because we get to dream big and put things in motion. We wanted to share some of our goals with you all. I think writing them down in a public space makes us a little more accountable too :) We have a much longer list but these are some of the big ones!
Attend a creative workshop or conference. I’m already checking this one off! I’ll be attending Develop Workshop on January 27th in Orlando and I can’t wait for a creative refresh.
2. Read 10 new business books, and 10 new personal books this year. 2012 and 2013 were awesome years for reading where I learned a ton. I think I only read 4 books last year, which is terrible for me. I’m already making a dent in my book list this year so I feel good about this one.
3. Get published in 3 new blogs or magazines. It’s time to branch out and find some fresh editorial content to be part of.
4. Start a series on the blog that Evan can participate in and have a voice.
5. Set up a new client management system for tracking workflow. This one has been on my goal list for a few years.
6. Submit to print competition.
1. Set structured time for hobbies. I want to attend a cooking class and get excited about cooking again as well as take a painting class this year.
2. Weekly schedule for yoga & meditating. I was terrible with this in 2014 and that will change this year. I even meditated today.
3. Go to a concert. Evan and I do so many things together that when he doesn’t share an interest it doesn’t happen. So I need to make this happen for myself asap.
4. Get our passports. Mine hasn’t been updated or used in 12 years. How else will I be able to take a last minute trip to Paris when the opportunity arrises?
5. Invest more time into my personal style. I have to stop rolling out of bed and throwing on jeans, t-shirts and no makeup most of the week. I am so much more productive when fix my hair nice and throw on earrings. This can also be an excuse to go shopping.
1. Attend at least 3 networking events. I want to know more people in my industry. Caroline has a Rolodex of friends in the area and I’ve just never been the networker that she is.
2. I want to refine my craft. A perfect photographer doesn’t exist and I am certainly far from it. It can be easy to get comfortable with what you know when it works.Time to step it up!
3. I want to be a better business owner. My brain works on a 100% creative level and I want to take on more business related tasks to help Caroline out.
1. At the risk of sounding like every other goal setter, I want to get on a fitness routine. Sure it would be great to really impress people with my jaw dropping physique, but it’s honestly more about business and life management. When I exercise I am more productive and more on the ball. Sticking to the routine has always been my problem and I want this to be the year that changes.
2. I want to be a better dad. I think I’m a pretty good dad and hopefully Remy thinks so too. But just like photographers, there’s always room for improvement and there’s a lot of things I haven’t tried yet.
3. Caroline and I travel very little and we have been talking a lot lately about Napa Valley. Well, it’s happening this year. One way or another, we will make it out to California and focus really hard on relaxing and drinking wine.
How gorgeous is the light in this Ft. Despot Beach Engagement Session? Sunday & Preston were pretty amazing subjects too, they took direction easily and were amazing snugglers. Sunday actually found us on social media and these two are getting married this fall in Texas. They had so many good photos that I went a little nuts with this blog at first and had to go back through and cull them down more. From this first set- these are all Evan’s (he won the session this time).
So very excited to have Lindsey & Jonny’s Museum of Fine Arts wedding featured on Every Last Detail today! The feature was written by Lindsey’s sister, Michelle, which makes this extra sweet, go check it out!
Over the Thanksgiving holiday while we were visiting family in West Palm Beach I had the opportunity to go to Miami and capture the setup and incredible details of an Indian wedding ceremony by Suhaag Garden. Indian weddings are so colorful and full of beautiful traditions which is why they are on many photographers’ bucket lists to photograph. I had so much fun taking my time and shooting all of the gorgeous arrangements and decor, especially the mandap at the ceremony altar. I hope in the next few years Evan and I will have the chance to capture all 3 days of a traditional Indian wedding!
We are so excited to be published on Every Last Detail yesterday for the Blogiversary kickoff month! This was such a fun shoot and we are looking forward to the second part to be featured later this month!
We rang in the new year in downtown Tampa at Rooftop Eve 2015 for our last event of 2014. All the vendors really outdid themselves on the decor and entertainment, I had a blast shooting all the incredible details! We are so thankful that these amazing vendors keep bringing us out to capture their hard work. Now we are resting because our first wedding of the year is in just 2 more days! Happy New Year!
Event Planning: Rooftop Eve | Decor, Linens, Rentals: Concept Bait | Lighting: Bay Stage Live | Tent: US Tent Rental | Dessert Bar: Puff n Stuff Catering | Bars: U Dream Events | Band: Phase 5 | DJ: DJ Papi |
Well this is just really cool to see all of these color boards collected together. All our weddings and inspiration shoots from the year in one place. While a few of these have been featured already, we’re waiting for 5 more to be published early next year- 3 in print! Thank you so much to our amazing couples who trust us to tell their stories. We are so excited of what’s to come in 2015… we’ll be traveling around Florida capturing weddings in Key Largo in March and Jupiter, FL in May. This year was our favorite yet and we already know that 2015 will top it. Happy New Year, everyone!
It’s been a pretty amazing year and very busy season. We didn’t have time to get holiday cards out to our family, friends and clients this year so we’ll be sending some New Years cards… or maybe Valentines cards, soon :) Until then, Merry Christmas from our little family!
So, so, so excited for our Florida themed holiday inspiration shoot to be published on Floridan Weddings & Social this week! This one was such a ream to see come together. Even though it was a small scale shoot it was a concept that was fun and simple and I hope to do a lot more f these smaller tablescape shoots in 2015. Thank you to our incredibly talented vendors who made it come together!
Featured Top Right
This is a widgeted area which is called Featured Top Right. It is using the Genesis - Featured Posts widget to display what you see on the Lifestyle child theme demo site. To get started, log into your WordPress dashboard, and then go to the Appearance > Widgets screen. There you can drag the Genesis - Featured Posts widget into the Featured Top Right widget area on the right hand side. To get the image to display, simply upload an image through the media uploader on the edit page screen and publish your page. The Featured Posts widget will know to display the post image as long as you select that option in the widget interface.