Natalie & Mario’s turquoise wedding at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach was featured on the Marry Me Tampa Bay wedding blog this week! We loved seeing all the beautiful details again.
And of course in her interview Natalie said some sweet things about their experience with us.
“With a love for photography and backgrounds in design, we placed importance on the artistic nature of the photographers’ work. We not only loved Caroline & Evan Photography’s portfolio, it includes everything from dramatic, to whimsical, to abstract, we clicked with [them] instantly. We felt comfortable the whole time, which helped us to be ourselves in the photos.”
Just had to share this sweet review from Kathryn on her Tampa engagement session with us ♥
“Caroline and Evan are SERIOUSLY the best. My fiancé and I were nervous about taking engagement pictures but Caroline and Evan put us at ease. First, they are super funny and nice and lighten the mood instantly. Second, they are adorable. A husband and wife team?? Can’t get much cuter than that. And third, you will want to be best friends with them by the end of your session–that is how awesome they are. Oh, and I guess most important, they know what they are doing! That part is pretty obvious if you look at any of their work (all amazing) but is even more evident when they are in the field working with you. They know all the right poses, right lighting, etc. I can’t recommend these two enough. Thank you Caroline and Evan!!”
-Kathryn, bride-to-be ♥
I am so excited to start the week off with our first engagement session of 2016 with Kathryn & Sam! Though these two live somewhere much colder now, they met in Tampa and wanted to really show their love of the area and each other at some of the city’s most recognizable locations. We started off at the Tampa Postcard mural and walked around downtown and over to the Tampa Theatre before we jetted to Bayshore Blvd. for some palm tree action and wide cityscapes! These guys were a little shy at first but with just a few jokes and stories they opened up right away and we had a really good time getting to know them.
♥ Kathryn & Sam actually met at Crossfit, and it’s where they met most of their friends too!
♥ SO many of our couples are connected to one another somehow, and these cuties also know Amanda & Matt!
♥ Kathryn says she’s the one who took the lead in showing interest. And it worked because she convinced Sam to go with her to Minnesota where they now live.
We are so glad they came back to Tampa for a visit and their engagement photos! I am currently trying to convince them to move back so we can be friends.
Congrats again you guys! We’ll totally be there in spirit when you tie the knot in October up n MN :)
This was such a great session! We always say do your engagement session somewhere meaningful to your relationship and where you met is a great example. We’ve shot several times at the botanical gardens located on the USF Tampa campus but never really shot around the campus itself. It is gorgeous! And so is our bride, Sammi. Her and Randy are getting married at Tampa Bay Watch this summer and we had so much fun walking around the campus with them, hearing stories about their time there and finding some cool locations in hidden nooks. Ok, fun facts!
♥ Sammantha & Randy met at USF Tampa- Sammi was an anthropology major and Randy studied accounting. He is definitely one of the most fun accountant-types we’ve ever known.
♥ One of the couple’s close friends is officiating their ceremony (who also happened to be Caroline’s brother!)
♥ The crazy cool spot that looks like a rainforest is actually in a bunker on campus where they used to eat lunch together all the time between classes.
These guys are laid back, hilarious and so into each other- and their wedding day is going to be amazing.
We first met Lyndsey & Kyle for a beer at Green Bench Brewing in downtown St. Pete and we knew right away that they were awesome. They have been through so much together as a couple over the last 10 years and they are still such happy, positive people. They’re the type to not get caught up in the little things and are always laughing and seeing the bright side of things. They wanted a casual and fun session with some of the murals in downtown St. Pete and to start, of course, with a beer.
♥ Kyle is a home brewer so starting at a Tampa Bay brewery was a natural idea for them.
♥ Though they love relaxing, they also love Vegas. (us too!)
♥ If you were stranded on a dessert island, you would want Lyndsey and her purse with you, because she has everything in there! The little hearts with the ring shot down below, were just some of the trinkets Lyndsey had in her purse that day!
They are getting married next December, at The Davis Island Garden Club, and one of our past brides is coordinating!!!
Billy & Jess are married! Okay now that I’ve got that out of my system, I am just so so happy for these two, they tied the knot on The Yacht Starship Sensation on Saturday in a classic wedding with details inspired by Beauty and The Beast. It’ll be a few weeks before I share this whole wedding but until then here’s their teaser.
So excited that Kristen & Dave’s Postcard Inn wedding was featured yesterday on our favorite wedding resource blog, Every Last Detail! This was easily one of our favorite weddings and couples of 2015 and we are so thrilled to be able to get their wedding published.
We knew Lauren & Doug were awesome to begin with because they met us for a beer at 3 Daughters Brewing downtown and were just so easy to get along with from the start. They swore that they would be self conscious on camera but I am not seeing any of that here. They totally brought the sexiness for their engagement session that started at the Mirror Lake Lyceum and ended on a rooftop in downtown St. Pete with a gorgeous golden glow behind them and wind gently blowing Lauren’s hair supermodel style.
♥ Lauren & Doug both went to UF for undergrad and then FSU law school- they still consider themselves a die hard Gator family.
♥ They actually met on a trip to a UF/LSU game (they were bus buddies- how cute is that?)
♥ Doug is the more Type-A person between them, and he grills an awesome steak (I meant to get even more info about this one during the session!) while Lauren is the more easy going type, she also can get you awesome parking and rooftop access downtown when needed ;)
Most of all they balance each other perfectly and we enjoyed laughing with them so much while we hopped around different locations in downtown Saint Petersburg.
We had a blast with you two and we cannot go until next October without hanging out with y’all, so we’ve got to plan a coffee date asap!
I can’t get enough of this beautiful family. Being present for Eli’s birth was such an incredible experience, so when I got to see him just 7 days later for his newborn photos we were basically best buddies. This is the most cooperative baby I’ve ever worked with- he just slept and snuggled the whole time! I’m so happy to share this lifestyle newborn session of Eli and his beautiful mama Morgan (with a cameo from Daddy of course too). I shot all these images on location in their home with beautiful natural window light.
Super excited to share a little Holiday Gift Guide Roundup of our own today for all you last minute shoppers. If you are hoping to give some presents using your awesome engagement, wedding or family photos here are some great options! I’ve linked to the companies that offer them below. And you still have time to order any of these for them to arrive before Christmas (and a few that’ll get here before Hanukah is over too).1. Wood Block Photo Prints from Artifact Uprising. How cute are these?! I know some of you ordered these after our last article about printing your photos. I love the wood block and the fact that you can rotate the prints you want to show off. I like changing things up frequently. We have a similar display in our house.
2. Calendar from Artifact Uprising. I really just love everything this company offers. They have a few calendar options and this goes with my love for changing images up regularly. This would be a great one to countdown to your wedding day.
3. Postcard Pack from Artifact Uprising. I think this one is the most fun on our list. You can make a pack of 20 of your own postcards to send out all year round. They have predesigned options or you can use your images by themselves. I love sending written notes and receiving them is even better.
4. Gallery Canvas Wraps from Mpix. It’s no questions canvases are our favorite for around the house. Do yourself a favor and don’t go on a discount site for cheap canvases & prints that won’t have great color. Mpix is owned by Millers- which is our professional labor choice. Because why would we spend hours editing your photos for a cheap-0 lab to mess all our hard work up. Mix has lots of print and gift options.
5. Prisma Gold Frame from Paper Source. I saw this little cutie in the store last week along with some other great frames. Paper Source is my go to place for pretty paper & packaging too.
6. Snap point picture frames from Thistle & Poppy. I am obsessed with these and have gotten several friends hooked on them as well. You can easily mix, match and repeat by switching out the bases and accents. And the frames also magnet to your fridge!
7. If you are looking for a camera gift for a fellow photo-lover, this is a great start. The Instax Mini from Fujifilm is a fun little instant camera (similar to an old-school polaroid your parents had). I am big about printing your photos and it’s so much easier when it prints right away! This is fun to take out on adventures and to have around during the holidays where anyone can just grab it and snap some selfies around the tree. And you can pick these up in lots of stores, including Michaels.
8. There is no easier way to print photos off of your phone than the Polaroid Zip which prints sticky backed photos you can put anywhere! This prints the photos you already have sitting on your phone. Perfect for scrapbooking. I would use this to leave ridiculous selfie notes for Evan around the house.
9. The Polaroid Z2300 is the best of both worlds. It’s a pretty good little point and shoot camera that saves your photos digitally as well as giving you the ability to print them on the go. it records video as well making it a triple threat!
Featured Top Right
This is a widgeted area which is called Featured Top Right. It is using the Genesis - Featured Posts widget to display what you see on the Lifestyle child theme demo site. To get started, log into your WordPress dashboard, and then go to the Appearance > Widgets screen. There you can drag the Genesis - Featured Posts widget into the Featured Top Right widget area on the right hand side. To get the image to display, simply upload an image through the media uploader on the edit page screen and publish your page. The Featured Posts widget will know to display the post image as long as you select that option in the widget interface.